1. Collects and maintains geospatial data for the MSARNG.
2. Responsible for maintaining CS Environmental GPS/GIS and other geospatial equipment.
3. Seeks guidance from the GIS Manager regarding the utilization and implementation of GIS.
4. Performs statistical analysis to support the MSARNG Environmental Program.
5. Operates ATVs/UTVs and other heavy equipment.
6. Ability to read and navigate from maps.
7. Ability and willingness to work extended hours in adverse environmental conditions.
8. Maintains a Wildland Firefighter Type 2 or above certification and participates in the CS Prescribed Burn/Wildland Firefighting program.
9. Attends meetings and coordinates/interacts with multiple offices/sections of the Mississippi Military Department, as well as with multiple State and Federal agencies.
10. Possesses a strong working knowledge of GPS/GIS concepts and applications.
11. Serves as the principal geospatial expert to the CS Environmental office.
12. Serves as the technical assistant to the MSARNG Camp Shelby (CS) Environmental Manager (EM).
13. Implements GIS projects as required by the MSARNG. Plans GIS project design; designs spatial and relational databases.
14. Utilizes applications, desktop, and web-based GIS for technical and analytical mapping requirements.
15. Familiarity with Trimble GPS and knowledge in ArcGIS/ArcMap, Spatial Analyst, Pathfinder, VB Script, and Python preferred.
10. Performs other related work as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Biology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Geography, Geographic Information Science, Geology, or related field with at least one (1) year of experience in work directly related to the position description and essential functions; OR graduation from a standard high school or GED
equivalent with at least four (4) years of experience directly related to the position description and essential functions. Related experience and/or education may be substituted. PROOF OF EDUCATION WITH COPY OF TRANSCRIPT OR DIPLOMA MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.
2. Possess a valid state driver’s license and if authorized to operate a government vehicle, have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s ID card. PROOF OF DRIVER’S LICENSE MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.