Smith Environmental and Engineering is seeking to hire a seasonal environmental scientist. Primary responsibilities include noxious weed management, prairie dog management, migratory bird nest surveys, burrowing owl surveys, and raptor nest monitoring. Other responsibilities may include erosion control, stormwater management, and ecological restoration.
This position will go through December with the possibility of extending into a full-time position. Review of applications will begin immediately. To apply please submit a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references to Matt Strauser (email@example.com).
• General knowledge of Colorado’s noxious weeds and possess or willing to obtain a Certified Operators or Qualified Supervisors license from the Colorado Department of Agriculture.
• Experience using Trimble GPS units and ArcGIS or similar units and software.
• Experience safely operating an ATV.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in wildlife management or related field.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Willing to safely work around and with toxic chemicals.
• Willing to humanely euthanize prairie dogs to donate to a raptor rehabilitation center.
• Experience searching for migratory bird nests or experience conducting similar surveys would be beneficial.
• Must work well alone and as part of team.
• Some construction experience would be beneficial.
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.