Benchmark is an environmental consulting and services company located near Katy, Texas. Benchmark offers a wide range of services including; ecological assessment, eco-toxicology, environmental impact studies, wetland delineations, environmental permitting, environmental sampling (water, sediment, and biological), wetland construction/restoration, and wildlife ecology.
Benchmark is currently searching for an Environmental Specialist with experience in;
• Wetlands (Wetland Delineations, Permitting, Mitigation, etc.)
• Field Sampling (Sediment, Soil, Water, and Tissue)
• GIS (to support habitat mapping, field sampling, and conceptual design)
An ideal candidate would have experience in all three areas listed above or have a strong background in one or more and be willing to learn about the other.
Listed below are some of the tasks associated with the position.
• Conduct and Manage Wetland Delineations
• Conduct and Manage Field Sampling Including Sediment, Water, Soil and Tissue Sampling Studies
• Work Closely with Clients
• Write Proposals and Reports
Desirable Position Qualifications
• Bachelor level or higher degree in environmental or related sciences
• 5+ yrs experience in or related to the environmental consulting field.
• Working knowledge of the USACE Field Guide for Wetland Delineation 1997 Manual
• Experienced liaison with the Regulatory Branch of the USACE
• Proficiency in plant identification and evaluation of hydric soil indicators and wetland hydrology
• Field sampling experience (sediment, water, and tissue)
• Comfortable operating small boats and ATVs
• Strong communication skills
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
• Available to work out of town 5-10 days per month.
• GIS software experience
• Existing client relationships (a plus)