Benchmark Ecological Services, Inc. (www.benchmarkeco.com) is an environmental consulting and services company located approximately 30 minutes west of Houston, Texas. Benchmark offers a wide range of services including: ecological assessment, eco-toxicology, environmental impact studies, wetland delineations, environmental permitting, environmental sampling (water, sediment, and biota), wetland design/construction/restoration, and wildlife ecology.
Benchmark is currently searching for an Environmental Scientist to work on environmental sampling and wetland projects. The majority of Benchmark projects involve some aspect of coastal ecology. A willingness to work in the field and travel is a must. Position will require approximately 30% travel and 40% time in the field.
Typical Position Tasks
• Environmental Sampling (Soil, Water, Biota)
• Using GPS units to navigate to sample stations and habitat mapping
• Working with ArcView GIS software
• Assist/Conduct with Wetlands Evaluations; including wetland determination/delineation
• Mobilizing and demobilizing for field studies
• Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys
• Data Entry
• Environmental Permitting, including Army Corps of Engineers 404
• Bachelor level or higher degree in environmental or related sciences.
• 0-5-yrs. experience in one or more of the above listed disciplines.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Available to work away from the office and outdoors.
• Knowledge of and operational experience with small watercraft and ATVs.
In addition to the above qualifications listed below are desirable qualifications.
• GIS software experience.
• Plant identification skills
• Comfortable working with Excel and Word
• Technical Writing Skills
• HAZWOPER Training
Please email your resume to email@example.com