The Environmental Technician assists with all Environmental Department Programs, coordinating and conducting fieldwork and gathering data related to various projects including work with Lake Sturgeon, Ash Tree management, Wild Rice, lake surveys, aquatic invasives, prairie pollinators, and many more. This position is also responsible for maintaining departmental supplies and equipment necessary for project/program implementation. The Environmental Technician will perform functions for the Tribal Government in compliance with Tribal policy and Federal Government standards. Federal grants partially fund this position.
•Five years of experience working independently in natural resources or related fieldwork OR
• Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resources or related field plus two years of related experience
• Possess trade skills with general construction operations
• Mechanical maintenance experience
• Ability to skillfully operate heavy machinery including, but not limited to, utility vehicles, boats, tractors, and
• Experience trailering boats and utility trailers