Are you experienced in business development, wildlife biology or have a passion for innovative environmental technology? Do you get excited by helping people to adopt innovative technology and advance wildlife conservation?
If so, we’ve got the role for you!
Wildlife Drones is a multi-award-winning sensor innovation company that has developed the world’s most advanced drone-based radio-telemetry technology. Using this technology we help our clients collect more data, more often, and with less effort, which enables them to make better conservation management decisions. This includes wildlife biologists who monitor and manage endangered and invasive species for government departments, environmental consultancies, research universities, and conservation organizations, as well as captive breeding zoos.
Our international team is highly motivated with a diverse set of skills, with our headquarters currently based in Canberra, Australia. You’ll get to interact with everyone on a daily basis, from tech development to marketing, and customer support to senior management. You’ll have the freedom and flexible working conditions needed to do great things and learn a lot along the way too.
We value diversity and each team member’s uniqueness. Together, our individual experiences, skills, and knowledge are a powerful combination that helps keep us on the cutting edge of innovation. We believe in a workplace that enables you to feel comfortable to just be yourself and provides an environment where you can thrive. But that’s enough about us, this is where you come in.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced business development representative based in the United States who is passionate about environmental technology and wildlife conservation. Your location would ideally be within PST time zone (or possibly MST with more flexible working hours) to enable meetings and collaborations between the US and Australia.
You are highly self-motivated and organized, with the ability to pick up the phone and have meaningful conversations with Wildlife Biologists and researchers across multiple customer segments and time zones.
You get satisfaction from establishing and maintaining trusted long-term relationships with clients who are often adopting innovative technology for the first time. You have a strong understanding of the sales process and excel at generating leads and securing deals from both your existing networks and new customer segments. Ideally, you will also have field experience within the conservation and/or technology space. You will help our team thrive by gaining deep insights into our client’s needs, both now and in the future, as well as informing our tech roadmap and ongoing innovations.
ABOUT THE ROLE - OBJECTIVES
● Drive sales growth and build trusted client relationships across the environmental conservation sector with an emphasis on the US market
● Represent our company’s innovative products and services in the US
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor's Degree from either a business or scientific school;
● At least 3-5 years’ experience in business development/sales or environmental science, technology, or related industries;
● Fantastic people and communication skills, with the ability to exude your passion while actively listening, problem-solving, and building trust based on knowledge and experience;
● Ability to develop, implement and adapt a diversity of sales strategies to meet or exceed sales key performance indicators (KPIs);
● Professional experience presenting at conferences and workshops, and conveying technical information to non-technical audiences;
● Experience writing professional and compelling project proposals, quotations, procedures and conference abstracts;
● Experience rapidly building rapport with clients via phone, email, and video conferencing and securing sales;
● Ability to conduct market research to explore opportunities for market expansion and add extra value for existing clients;
● Excellent knowledge of Google Workspace/MS Office; and
● An entrepreneurial mindset – you're driven, collaborative, self-motivated, and love learning and adapting in a dynamic environment.
If you feel you meet some of the criteria but not others, we encourage you to apply since everyone has a unique combination of experiences.
● Personal experience and knowledge of wildlife research and monitoring techniques, including radio-telemetry and/or other technologies and sensors.
● Proficiency with CRM sales management software (e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce).
● Ability to inspire people to adopt innovative technology and navigate often complex decision-making processes to secure sales.
● An established network of contacts across our existing customer segments
● Drone pilot experience/qualifications.
● Enjoy working with an international team focused on wildlife conservation, as well as working independently and remotely.
If this sounds like you, and you love start-ups, innovation and conservation then get in touch! This is a part-time contract initially (3-4 days/week), starting as soon as possible, with scope for further expansion as the business grows.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume, a cover letter (max. 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a 1-2 minute video (link or attachment) introducing yourself including:
● What made you want to get into sales for tech/environment?
● Tell us about a time you failed and what you learned from it.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: