Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Faith Ranch Wildlife Internship: Texas
Carrizo Springs, Texas
$11.00 per hour
Last Date to Apply
A private Wildlife Management & Cattle Ranch near Carrizo Springs, Texas seeks a wildlife intern to begin duties early Sept. 2021 through the end of Feb. 2021. Candidates for this position must be actively enrolled in or graduated from a Wildlife or Natural Resources degree program. The successful applicant for this position will report directly to the Wildlife Biologist with occasional supervision from the Ranch Manager.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Assist in collecting harvest data from white-tailed deer
2. Assisting in White-tailed Deer Camera Surveys
a. Setting up cameras in the field
b. Downloading pictures
c. Reviewing photographs and organizing pictures by content
3. Assist in the hunting operations such as acting as a guide or scout for white-tailed deer
4. Filling Protein & Corn Feeders
5. Assisting in the capture of white-tailed deer for ongoing research projects
6. Herbicide applications
a. Habitat improvement projects
b. Fence line maintenance
7. Predator hunting and trapping
8. Data entry for rain reports, deer protein feed reports, and other ranch projects
9. Help in fence construction and maintenance
10. Other miscellaneous ranch tasks
Experience and knowledge of deer management programs is a plus but not required. Faith Ranch is an active hunting ranch and many of the internships duties center around the deer hunting program. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work independently of full time supervision. Ranching or farming backgrounds are a plus. Applicants need to be willing to perform any task associated with running a ranch.
Compensation is $11.00 / hour and the position is non-exempt which means it is eligible for overtime per Federal and State Laws. Lodging is included with this internship. Lodging includes fully furnished house with full kitchen, laundry facilities, plus all utilities paid (electric, internet service, and satellite television). The ranch will provide a vehicle for job-related duties.
Candidates are subject to a satisfactory, standard background check performed by the company.
Please email resume with contact information and at least two references to: