1) Marion, Monroe, and Shelby Counties
2) And Scott and Stoddard Counties
Application Deadline: October 30, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: December 4th, 2017
Overview & Job Duties: The successful applicant will work in a joint capacity with USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC), Quail Forever (QF) and other partners to promote, accelerate enrollment, coordinate and implement the conservation provisions of the Federal Farm Bill and other related wildlife conservation programs. The successful applicant must enjoy working with private landowners and have a strong desire to assist them in reaching their conservation goals. Positions will be housed in USDA Service Centers. Activities will include program promotion (workshops and one-on-one meetings), contract coordination, conservation planning, conservation plan modification, site assessment and reporting. The incumbent will provide technical assistance for wildlife habitat enhancement techniques to private landowners and public organizations. He/she will meet with local chapters of Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) and other local partners to influence habitat management efforts and participate in regional and statewide habitat meetings. He/she will assist and coordinate activities and projects, including quail focus area development and monitoring, with other QF, MDC and NRCS staff. This position will be an employee of, and supervised by Pheasants Forever, Inc.
Desired Knowledge. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners and partner agencies.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
• Knowledge of wildlife ecology, grassland, wetland and early succession habitat management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
• Knowledge of conservation and wildlife habitat programs provided by federal (i.e. Farm Bill, US Fish and Wildlife Service), state, & local entities. In addition, knowledge of how these programs are implemented in an agricultural landscape is desired.
• Knowledge of or practical experience with agricultural systems and farming.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proficiency with ArcGIS and USDA Toolkit.
• Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle may be required (mileage reimbursement provided).
• Must be able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
Education and Experience Preferred: A minimum requirement for this position is a Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife Management or closely related natural resources field. Proven experience working with USDA Farm Bill programs (CRP, CREP, ACEP, EQIP and CSP) is preferred.
ONLY ON LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as a single Microsoft Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
To Apply: Visit our website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs . If you have questions, please contact: Casey Bergthold, Missouri State Coordinator, email@example.com or 573-823-0675.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.