Field Biology Instructors Wanted to Teach Summer Biology Courses in Costa Rica and South Africa!
Broadreach is a leader in experiential programs abroad for middle school, high school, and college aged students. Over the past twenty five years, more than 18,000 students have travelled with Broadreach to over 40 countries. Field Biology Instructors lead programs in either Costa Rica or South Africa.
Our mission is to challenge students to broaden their perspectives through new experiences and environments, to inspire them to develop lifelong skills, to discover and explore their passions, and to empower them to reach beyond self-imposed limitations and take charge of their future.
Broadreach instructors inspire students each day, fostering personal growth and cultivating leadership development. They prioritize safety and are energetic role models who excel in building meaningful relationships with their students. Leading a Broadreach program is a fun, rewarding, and demanding position.
Our programs combine experiential teaching with practical application of skills, cultural activities, and service learning activities. In addition to teaching the curriculum, Biology Instructors work with their co-leader to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, lead games, and other program tasks.
Broadreach maintains a small group size with a maximum of 12 students led by two instructors. Programs can be challenging for students and instructors, which makes a positive demeanor essential. Our strongest instructors are flexible, team players who excel in quickly changing scenarios, while fostering a positive, fun, and cohesive community.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
· Significant international travel experience and Spanish language skills a plus.
· Program leading or experience working with teens or young adults outside of the classroom.
· Open availability from early June to mid-August increases chance of placement.
· Wilderness First Responder certification or willingness to obtain before program.
· Some programs require a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a manual vehicle.
To apply: please submit your resume and availability to www.broadreachstaff.com
· Master degree or PhD in field biology, biology, or related natural science field of study required for South Africa course. Undergraduate degree in biology or related field required for Costa Rica program.
· Experience teaching biology at the high school or college level.
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills, able to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
· Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
· Physically fit and comfortable participating in outdoor activities such as hiking, rafting, rock climbing, snorkeling, etc.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
· Strong organizational skills to manage budget, program expenses, student documents, etc.
· Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as a Broadreach ambassador to our international partners throughout the world.
· Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, North Carolina in early June.