The Field Supervisor’s primary responsibilities are training, supervising, and mentoring seasonal field staff including Crew Leaders, Assistant Crew Leaders, and YCC Mentors; assisting the Program Coordinators with recruitment and selection of leaders; providing technical support to crews on trail, range, and chainsaw projects; scouting projects and building relationships with on-the-ground partners; ensuring AZCC programming, policies, and procedures are implemented effectively in the field. The primary focus for this position is supporting crews and projects based out of the Flagstaff office. Both office and field work are required in this position, with frequent and prolonged trips to the field. The ability to work a flexible schedule is critical.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Conservation Corps program.
• Experience with crew leadership; trail layout, design, construction, and maintenance;
range projects including fencing and invasive species work; and chainsaw operation,
maintenance, and repair.
• Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
• The ability to travel frequently and camp in remote environments with minimal support.
• Minimum of 1 year of supervising others in the work environment.
• Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
• Proficient in computer programs, databases, other technology.
• Must be able to pass all Conservation Legacy’s criminal history checks.
• Current Wilderness First Responder certification
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Afton McKusick at email@example.com.