This is a great job opportunity for individuals who are passionate about the outdoors to join a successful environmental consulting firm. The Entry Level Field Technician performs land clearing and aquatics management work on upland conservation areas, ponds, canals and wetlands. You’ll help restore some of Florida’s most native environments through planting, seeding, exotic plant removal, and installing erosion controls.
This position requires a valid, clean Florida Driver's License for the operation of various motor vehicles and equipment. Motorized equipment may include trucks, trailers, all-terrain vehicles, small boats, airboats, and other assigned equipment.
This is a physical job in outdoor Florida conditions. Join the team and you’ll traverse some of Florida’s most wild landscapes including marshes, hammocks and remote upland areas. Applicants MUST be willing and able to work under adverse weather conditions and with potential exposure to spiders, snakes, alligators, and other potentially harmful animals and plants.
This is a GREAT career opportunity with an established, privately-owned firm. For the right person, this can be a long-term position with room for advancement.
- Minimum Age 21 years old, for insurance purposes
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Clean, valid Florida Driver's License Class E, for insurance purposes
- Able to pass a law enforcement background check
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Willing to work with a tight team in challenging environments
- Lift loads up to 50 pounds
- Current shift hours are 7 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Certifications as a Licensed Herbicide Applicator for Aquatic Pest Control and Natural Areas Weed Management (Recent), OR
- College Graduate in Environmental or Natural Sciences (Biology, Zoology, Botany)
- Pay increase as soon as you pass applicator license!
- Cell phone stipend after 90 days
- Medical and dental insurance available after 90 days
- Paid holidays after 90 days
- Eligible for annual bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan after one year