: This position provides technical assistance to finfish program manager and biologists. During April through July, the individual will assist with a long-term steelhead supplementation project to be conducted within the Hood Canal. The individual will also assist with projects being conducted by other Tribal biologists; specifically, he or she will assist with estuary sampling and salmon spawner surveys.
REPRESENTATIVE JOB DUTIES:
• Conduct and participate in estuary monitoring
• Parr and smolt collections
• Salmon/Steelhead redd surveys
• Smolt trap installation and removal
• Redd pumping
• Transporting of eggs and fry to Tacoma Power fish hatchery
• Water quality analysis
• Salmon pre-smolt abundance estimates, snorkel surveys, and backpack electro-fishing
• CWT sampling on the salmon spawning grounds
• Data tabulation and analysis
• Other duties as assigned
• A two year degree in biology or related field; or a high school diploma and two years of relevant work experience.
• Valid driver’s license and insurance
• Must be physically fit and able to carry out demanding work in rugged terrain, in all weather conditions and on the water
• Experience with handheld GPS units
• Able to maintain accurate data and records.
• Pass a Prepre-Employment employment Drug drug Screen screen Testtest
• Ability to identify fish species
• Prior experience with small boat operations
• Familiarity with Skokomish fishing areas and Treaty rights
Download full job description and application http://www.skokomish.org/employmentrfps/