The Arkansas chapter of The Nature Conservancy is one of the most successful non-profit conservation organizations in the state and a key contributor to the global success of The Nature Conservancy. The Conservancy seeks Fire Management Technicians (FMTs) to participate in wildland fire operations throughout Arkansas working on Conservancy-owned preserves as well as public and private lands. Duties include fireline preparation, ignition, control, mop-up, suppression, post-burn monitoring and other tasks as assigned. FMTs will also perform other preserve management duties when conditions are not conducive to prescribed fire such as fire planning, invasive species control, planting and woody vegetation removal.
Duties require the ability to perform heavy physical work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and in a high stress team environment.
• High school diploma and six months of related experience.
• Qualified as or able to meet qualifications for Fire Fighter Type 2 (FFT2), including NIMS An Introduction (IS-700a), Introduction to ICS (I-100), Human Factors on the Fire Line (L-180), Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior (S-190), Firefighting Training (S-130), and one training burn serving under the supervision of a qualified FFT2. See http://www.tncfiremanual.org/firefighter.htm
• Must achieve physical fitness standard as determined by local Fire Program Manager.
• Experience operating various types of equipment (such as 4X4 pickups, trailers, ATVs, chainsaws and other power and hand tools, etc.).
• Must be able to obtain related licenses or certifications as required (e.g. First Aid, CPR, and Driver’s License).
• Six months to one year of related experience.
• Must have Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Ability and willingness to follow instructions from colleagues.
• Ability to get along with others under any potential conditions.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 3, 2018
To view complete job description or apply, please visit our website at www.nature.org/careers (Job #46578). Attach a resume and cover letter to the application as one document in MS Word or PDF format.