The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources is advertising the following merit position: FISH AND WILDLIFE TECHNICIAN I Position Announcement: https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=5475&site=2 Employment Type: Executive Branch | Chapter 18A | Temporary/Seasonal| 37.5 HR/WK/ Position not to exceed 7 months/ Hiring Agency: Tourism, Arts, & Heritage Cabinet | Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Resources Location: Sloughs WMA, 9956 Highway 268, Corydon, KY, 42406 Description: Do you love the outdoors? Do you want to be part of an agency that provides children with opportunities to enjoy the outdoors by learning to hunt, fish and/or boat? Do you want to be part of an agency with world-renowned researchers and facilities? Join us in the exciting, fast-paced environment of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources! We are looking for a highly motivated, multi-tasking individual who can serve the agency by providing field operations to the public on a daily basis for the Green River Region.
• Manage Habitat for Wildlife: Learns to and Manage habitat through the use of agriculture practices (i.e. mowing, disking and planting of seed) as directed by supervisor. Learns to and Uses equipment and chemicals according to KDFWR policies and industry safety standards. (Requires 40% of time)
• Learns to and Maintains Building and Grounds: Conducts maintenance and repairs of buildings, boundaries, signs, roads and gates (i.e. by painting boundary, mowing roadsides and undesirable vegetation, use of chainsaw, etc) as directed by the supervisor. (Requires 30% of time).
• Learns to and Assists with Research and Restoration: Assists supervisor with hunter check stations. Assists with wildlife surveys and wildlife restoration/research (waterfowl and dove banding) as directed. (Requires 20 % of time)
• Learns to and Maintains Administrative Records and Submits Reports: Makes minor purchases following KDFWR purchasing guidelines and submits receipts as directed in a timely manner. Maintains inventory records and equipment maintenance records. Submits monthly activity reports in a timely manner. (Requires 5% of time).
• Disseminates KDFWR Information to the Public: Provides KDFWR (fishing, hunting, and boating) information to the public and other agencies via phone calls and personal contacts and performs other duties as assigned. (Requires 5% of time).
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Greg Buckert at Gregory.email@example.com An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
Be advised that any interested candidate will need to visit https://careers.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx to complete or update an online application AND apply to this position.
Minimum Requirements: High School Graduate. Substitution for High School Graduate includes experience in fisheries or wildlife management which will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis. Must have/maintain a valid driver’s license while employed in this position. Experience using agricultural equipment preferred but not necessary.
To apply, send a resume with at least 3 reference to Greg Buckert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the position contact Greg Buckert at 270-827-2673, or by email at email@example.com