The Department of Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology at the University of Minnesota is hiring a Fish Ecologist Postdoctoral Associate - Job Code 9546 to work with Dr. Peter Sorensen, a renowned aquatic fish physiology and behavior biologist.
You may see the full details about the position at https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/345130 on to anyone who you think may be interested! The details are also included in the attached document.
Please pass this on to anyone who you think may be interested!
1) Work with the principal investigator and government biologists to coordinate capture, tagging and release of common carp in Pools 5 and 6 of the Mississippi River.
2) Develop and manage a sampling and field-tracking program for native river fishes.
3. Work with the MN DNR to develop a program to stop invasive carp from moving into Lake Pepin.
4) Write and give reports on the findings.
6) Publish results in peer-reviewed literature.
Work will be based in St Paul but will involve local travel including overnights, and work in inclement weather which will require flexibility. A full-time student will be available to help.
1) a Ph.D. degree with research training in the areas of fisheries science, zoology, or related aquatic science.
2) Experience conducing field experiments
3) Demonstrated writing and publishing skills.
1) Experience catching, tagging and tracking river fish.
2) Knowledge of fish behavior.
3) Expertise with project and personnel management.