The Qawalangin Tribe of Unalaska is recruiting a Fisheries Biologist and Outreach Coordinator to lead the development of the Tribe’s Fisheries program, including designing and conducting field data collection, collaborating with partner agencies and organizations, creating outreach programs and materials, and seeking funding opportunities for a future project and program development. The Fisheries Biologist will be responsible for building and maintaining a Fisheries program within Qawalangin Tribe and will oversee all funded projects within the department as well as supervise seasonal technicians and any applicable interns. For more information or for an application form please visit https://www.qawalangin.com/employment
• Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Management or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of fisheries management, research, education, and community outreach experience.
• Strong report writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience coordinating, prioritizing and effectively managing time across multiple projects.
• Experience working effectively with the public, tribal community, and governmental agencies.
• Ability to work independently and follow directives.
• Valid AK Driver’s License with a willingness to travel locally and spend time in the field (up to 8 weeks per year) to oversee projects.
• Relevant computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Complete application packet must include the following and be submitted to email@example.com by 3 pm Alaska Time, January 8, 2021.
• Cover letter. It should highlight your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience as they pertain to the key responsibilities and desired strengths listed in the job description. If you do not have experience with any of these traits, you must identify them in the letter. This cover letter will be considered a writing sample and evaluated for clarity, content, and attention to detail.
• Resume. Please ensure that your resume identifies education and related experience meeting the minimum qualifications for the position.
• Application for Employment. Available at www.qawalangin.com/employment.
• Three professional references (including names, email addresses, and telephone numbers).
Hiring preference will be given to tribal members, Alaska Natives and Native Americans, local and rural
residents, and Alaskan residents. Native preference will be given to qualified Alaskan Natives/ American
Indian applicants under the provisions of P.L. 93-638/100-472.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check prior to beginning work