Position Summary: The main responsibility of this position is serve as biologist in all aspects of fishery work as part of the AES team. Over time the main duties will be defined based on skill sets, personality traits and job satisfaction. Hire will assist clients in managing their ponds in all aspects of fishery management.
• Perform various lake management duties including fertilization, water quality monitoring, aeration installation and maintenance, fish feeder maintenance, lake mapping, lime applications, fish habitat installations, electrofishing surveys, dam and outlet inspections.
• Assist with GIS/mapping projects, increase expertise in this area to develop service growth.
• Assist other biologist with fishery management projects, as needed. (i.e. electrofishing, consult reports, etc.)
• Plan and design aquatic environment and recommend correct aquatic species to meet plan goals; make recommendations based on scientific understanding and professional knowledge of various fishes and their environments; develop and submit fish stocking proposals.
• Follow the customer relationship program to deliver premium service, responsiveness, education, and up- and cross-selling opportunities and referrals.
• Assist as needed with stocking fish. Peak stocking season is spring and fall.
• Contribute to a culture of safety; maintain equipment and tools to ensure safe and continued operations.
• Develop expertise through ongoing professional development about products, species, and services, in order to provide best-in-class service and offerings.
• Help as needed with office support to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, etc.
Essential Skills/Experience: The successful candidate for this position will have, at minimum, the following skills, experience, and characteristics.
• Knowledge and application of general fisheries management and construction, lake mapping/GIS, and fish identification, as gained through on-the-job experience, formal education, or a combination of both.
• Interest in fishery management
• Demonstrated understanding of how to properly and safely identify and handle varied aquatic wildlife.
• Integrity, ethical and moral behavior regarding operations, company confidentiality, and overall team interactions.
• Critical thinking skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Adaptable and willingness to help with other duties as needed.
• Common sense and critical thinking in stressful situations.
Credentials and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Fisheries Management, or related area required. Advanced degree desired.
• 2+ years of industry/technical experience in a related position required.
• Must have a clean driving record.
• Must be able to pass the required physical to secure a health card.
• Position will divide its time between office, field work, and client facilities.
• Position is expected to meet the physical requirements of standing, being in and around water and other outside habitats for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds with no assistance, and working among varying levels of temperatures, topologies, and weather.
• Position will handle a variety of aquatic wildlife.
• Position will work with confidential client information and must use absolute discretion in maintaining client confidences.
• Position can evolve and include more duties as skills and knowledge base increase.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until a suitable applicant is identified.