Aquatic Environmental Services, Inc. (AES) is looking for motivated candidates who wish to build their careers in fisheries management. As an AES Fisheries Technician, you will assist senior staff in all aspects of fisheries management throughout the Southeast US as follows:
• Live fish stocking
• Routine lake inspections of managed lakes
• Automatic fish feeder, aeration, and lake fountain installations
• Natural and artificial fish habitat installations
• Boat electrofishing surveys
• Aquatic vegetation/cyanobacteria control
• Water quality collection and testing
• Bathymetric lake mapping
• Maintenance of equipment and tools to ensure safe and continued operations.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction with clients.
• Develop expertise through ongoing professional development of products, species, and services, to provide best-in-class service and offerings.
Essential Skills/Experience: The successful candidate for this position will have, at minimum, the following skills, experience, and characteristics.
• Strong desire/interest in fisheries management.
• Knowledge and application of general fisheries management as gained through on-the-job experience, formal education, or a combination of both.
• Demonstrated understanding of how to identify and handle varied aquatic wildlife properly and safely.
• Integrity, ethical, and moral behavior regarding operations, company confidentiality, and overall team interactions.
• Critical thinking skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
• Adaptable and willing to help with other duties as needed.
• Common sense and critical thinking in stressful situations.
Credentials and Education:
• Two- or four-year degree in fisheries management, aquatic ecology, biology, or closely related field.
• Previous work experience in fisheries management is preferred but not required.
• Experience in boat operation.
• Experience with four-wheel-drive trucks and towing trailers.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Ability to swim is required.
• Position will be approximately 80% fieldwork and 20% office work.
• Candidates are expected to meet the physical requirements of standing, being in and around water, and other outside habitats for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds with no assistance.
• Ability to work and perform in all weather conditions common to the Southeast US.
• Position will work with confidential client information and must use absolute discretion in maintaining client confidences.
How to Apply:
If you are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic, please submit a resume to email@example.com. The position will be open until a suitable applicant is identified.