The Clearwater Regional office is seeking two 8-month benefited Fishery Technicians to work at the Lower Granite Dam facility near Pomeroy, Washington but based out of Lewiston, Idaho.
Primary duties will include: working alongside NOAA fisheries and other state, federal, and private agencies to sample juvenile and adult salmonids. The technician is expected to PIT tag adult salmonids, collect biological data from juvenile and adult salmonids, maintain field equipment, and manage data. Other potential duties include conducting spawning ground surveys in remote areas of the Clearwater region in Idaho to identify redds and collect biological data from carcasses. Incumbents must with or without reasonable accommodation be able to work a variable schedule under adverse weather conditions, lift and carry/pack up to 60 lbs.
These are field positions based out of the Lewiston regional office. Field work will be conducted at Lower Granite Dam near Pomeroy, Washington. The working schedule is highly variable and includes weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
1. Complete an IDFG application for temporary employment ( )
2. Applicants must first register with Idaho Department of Labor (Reference Job Number 1624069 at )
3. Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional or academic references, and a completed IDFG application for temporary employment (preferably by email) to:
Idaho Department of Fish and Game
3316 16th St.
Lewiston, ID 83501
Comments: EEO/Veteran’s Preference. If qualified applicants are found, this announcement may close before the listed closing date.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A degree in fisheries or related field; or the equivalent from job experience and training.
- Individuals with experience handling and identifying adult salmonids, PIT tagging, collecting and organizing biological data from both adult and juvenile salmonids.
-Demonstration of good computer and data management skills.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.