Are you looking for a job in the fisheries or natural resources industry? Your passion, skills and research could be a key part in maintaining a healthy and sustainable fish population in Wisconsin!
The Department of Natural Resources' Bureau of Fisheries Management is hiring a Fisheries Technician to assist with monitoring commercial fishing operations and collecting fish information on designated waters in the Bayfield area. This work involves measuring, weighing and identifying fish caught and recording the associated data. Additionally, this position will be responsible for compiling and analyzing data and preparing written documentation and reports. This position may also assist with other fisheries sampling as needed.
Come join the Department of Natural Resources where you can contribute to rewarding and meaningful work!
- Ability to identify common Lake Superior fish to species name.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to ride commercial fishing vessels and communicate with the fishers.
- Willingness to work in inclement weather.
- Willingness to work early morning hours according to an irregular assigned schedule.
Must have a Valid Driver's License. This position will require working aboard commercial fishing vessels on Lake Superior. Must be able to travel to multiple locations.
- A well-qualified applicant will have taken numerous fisheries coursework in college and have volunteer or work experience in fisheries.
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
RE: Job Code 13362
Application materials will be reviewed and the most qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.