For several years, The Alaska Expedition Co. has provided jobs and assisted with University credits through the A & M Wildlife and Fisheries School Intern program. It has proven to be a program beneficial to students by providing Alaskan outdoor experience coupled with interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of outdoor users-hunters and fishermen. It also provides the student with significant personal income for the three-month job time span.
Guides must have the following skills/ability:
1. Ability to adapt to and operate in harsh environmental conditions.
2. Exhibit ability to take leadership initiative under various situations.
3. Exhibit ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
4. Possess ability to operate different fishing type gear with especial emphasis on river fly-fishing.
5. ATV knowledge regarding operation and maintenance.
6. Big-game hunting experience and possess safe outdoors woods craft skills.
7. Waterfowl identification and hunting experience.