Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Meet with Ranch Management on a regular basis to provide updates/status reports on activities of the ranch and advise on progress of attaining ranch goals.
• Attend weekly staff meetings to coordinate ranch efforts/goals with the other Lonesome Coyote Ranch Team Members.
• Meet with Ranch Management periodically to help set long term goals for the Lonesome Coyote Ranch, LLC.
• Guide assigned hunters - Make sure the customer has a good time and a successful hunt while staying within the Ranch Rules and Guidelines.
• Assist in maintaining feeders, property, fences and equipment, as needed.
• Fill feeders in pastures, DMP pens and Scientific Breeder pens.
• Assist in monitoring deer in the Scientific Breeder Pens on a daily basis.
• Assist in “working” deer as necessary.
• Work with the Ranch Management to develop a whitetail management plan for the pasture program.
• Help develop the Upland Game Bird (primarily quail) Population and Hunting Areas
• Help care for and work ranch cattle
• Perform other duties related to the day-to-day operations of the Lonesome Coyote Ranch, LLC. as may be assigned by Ranch Management.
Position includes: ranch vehicle, group insurance, paid vacation and house with electric, water, cable and internet
Please email cover letter, resume and references. Include in the subject line of the email full time position
Must be willing to live on the ranch and be comfortable with remote country living
Experience hunting and guiding
Experience driving and operating heavy equipment (dozer, tractor)
Able to pull and backup trailer or shredder
Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (feed bags or alfalfa)
Experience aging and scoring whitetail deer on the hoof
Proven record in training and hunting with dogs
Understand Breeding Pen operations
Comfortable working in rough terrain and extreme weather (summers with 115 degree temps.)
Willingness to work every day as needed with some early mornings or late nights
Able to pass a background check with a clean driving record