(Nashville, TN Office)
Copperhead Environmental Consulting, Inc. is a full-service environmental consulting firm established in 2004. Headquartered in the historic village of Paint Lick, Kentucky, we have satellite offices in Lexington, Kentucky; Nashville, Tennessee; Asheville, North Carolina; Fairmont, West Virginia, and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Copperhead serves a broad range of clients in need of environmental compliance in government and industry.
Our multidisciplinary team includes aquatic resource managers, wetland specialists, environmental planners, NEPA specialists, aquatic biologists, terrestrial biologists, avian biologists, malacologists, foresters, fixed-winged aircraft pilots, and SCUBA divers. To ensure our clients receive the highest quality services, we remain dedicated and focused in our areas of expertise. Our passion, our enthusiasm for the natural world, and our determination to provide the best environmental services prove it.
We are seeking a Full-Time Biologist in our Nashville, TN office, to join our growing family of professional consultants. Duties include, but are not limited to communicating with supervisors and project managers and other team members while on specific assigned projects, assisting project managers with study plans, reports, and manuscripts, and prepping vehicles, gear, and inventorying supplies for field projects.
• Be both a mentor and be mentored on the job
• Participate in many roles as part of a project team, these roles will vary depending on project needs (roles will change based on individual skills and experience)
• Read and familiarize yourself with contracts and scopes of work
• Equipment transportation, set-up, and break down
• Successfully complete various surveys (bats, birds, insects, fish, mussels, plants, wetlands, etc.)
• Coordinate with field technicians to ensure all proper PPE and field gear is available for projects
• Assist with data collection and data management
• Maintenance and care of field data and specimens
• Conduct data analysis and literature research
• Equipment and vehicle maintenance, prep, and decontamination
• Improve and increase specific skill sets
• Bachelor of science or higher in biology, environmental science, wildlife management, natural resources, or closely related field of study
• Minimum of 3 years of consulting experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Federal Permit to handle endangered species (bats, birds, mussels, fish, bugs, etc.) or adequate qualifications to be added to a Federal permit required
• Rabies vaccination is required
• Knowledge of bat acoustic monitoring and analysis preferred
• Ability to use common PC programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of scientific writing
• Organizational skills
• Ability to operate an off-road vehicle
• Willingness to participate in aerial telemetry surveys including time spent in small aircrafts
• Critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of Federal and State regulations preferred
• Knowledge of field methodology for bats, birds, mussels, fish, bugs, etc.
• Communication skills