The Zoological Society of Milwaukee’s Conservation Education Department is hiring full-time seasonal instructors for summer 2021. This position supports educational programming within the department by providing engaging educational experiences about science, animals, and conservation to children.
Successful candidates will effectively interpret and implement summer enrichment curriculum, set-up and prepare classroom spaces and collaborate closely with the conservation education team. We are looking for an accountable and adaptable individual, whose goal it is to inspire and empower members of our community to take conservation action.
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience in education, conservation, wildlife, natural resources, and/or social sciences (e.g., informal or formal education, conservation, zoology, biological sciences, forestry, human dimensions of natural resources, psychology, etc.) or other field that connects to mission and vision of the department.
- Experience teaching children in an informal or formal educational setting is required.
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Spanish or second language fluency beneficial.
- Proven ability to work independently and in teams.
- Interest in and experience connecting educational opportunities with broader community engagement efforts.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, personal vehicle and car insurance.
- Employer paid professional Adult & Child CPR/AED and First Aid certifications (training with skills check).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and/or additional collaboration platforms.