Title: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist - Fort Collins, CO
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Full job description: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/109331
Full Consideration Application Date: 08/15/2022
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000
The GIS Specialist will manage geospatial products for a variety of natural resource projects. Responsibilities will include feature class development, completing metadata, post-processing field-data, cartography, digital data form design, geospatial analysis, and coordination with team members to meet project requirements. Demonstration experience with ArcGIS 10.X, ArcPro, Survey123, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS geodatabases required. Experience managing of natural resource (flora and fauna) data also required. The Specialist will work data collection from a variety of projects including avian point-count surveys, bat acoustic surveys, vegetation monitoring, mammal demography, and herptile trapping.
The position will be located at Colorado State University’s main campus in Fort Collins, Colorado. Work will be primarily office-based; however, some travel and field work may be required. Opportunities to conduct other duties may arise. This will be a permanent, full time (40 hours/week) position, depending on continued funding.
Beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, Colorado State University has mandated vaccinations against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to submit their vaccine status or declare an exemption. More information about the vaccination mandate can be found on the CSU COVID-19 Information & Resources site at: https://covid.colostate.edu/pandemic-preparedness-team-broad-guidance-for-all-summer-and-fall-2021-activities/.
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer.
• B.S./B.A. in Geography, Ecology, Natural Resources Management, or a related field, PLUS at three years of relevant professional experience
• Proficiency in ArcGIS 10.X, ArcPro; including cartography and spatial analyst
• Proficiency in ArcGIS Online and Survey123; including form design and field-data management
• Experience managing complex ArcGIS geodatabases; including feature class development, relationship classes, and completion of metadata
• Experience administering natural resource data
• Ability to lift 40 pounds and traverse uneven, steep terrain
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date
• The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by the proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.