The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) has an open GIS Analyst position at Edwards Air Force Base, CA. For full position details and to submit application materials, please visit http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/70226. Emailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
The duty location is Edwards Air Force Base and the position also serves Los Angeles Air Force Base. This position will require
occasional travel, up to a week in duration, to supported Air Force Bases.
The GIS Analyst will be responsible for data development, standardization, and maintenance for all environmental GIS data within the area of responsibility. The individual will also be responsible for providing GIS support to the Air Force environmental programs at those locations. This
includes but is not limited to cartographic support, data requests, and data analysis. The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Required Job Qualifications
• Minimum of a BS or BA degree(s) in computer science, information technology, geographic information systems, geography, environmental science, or related fields and three years demonstrated work experience is required; coursework will not be included.
• Must have demonstrated work experience applying spatial data standards and maintaining metadata.
• The successful applicant shall demonstrate experience in all of the following: environmental-related GIS, Esri’s ArcGIS software, cartography, and data development and maintenance.
• Must have the ability to work independently, take initiative to resolve issues, and demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to pass the DoD background check for a Common Access Card (CAC).
• The applicant must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license by the employment start date (estimated 9/29/19 or later).
• The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Desired qualifications include experience working in a highly structured organization and demonstrated knowledge of military instructions, directives, guidance, and environmental regulations and processes.
• Demonstrated work experience with the following: U.S. Air Force GeoBase program, Spatial Data Standards for Facility, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE), and International Organization Standardization (ISO) or Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) metadata standards is preferred.
• Existing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is highly desired.