Title: GIS Analyst - Fort Gordon, Georgia
Location: Fort Gordon, Georgia
Full job description: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/116338
Full Consideration Application Date: 11/28/2022
Salary Range: $61,000 - $65,000
The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) is a research, education, and service unit at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and other CSU departments to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, please visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
Colorado State University, and the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands is hiring a GIS Analyst position to provide support and to be located at Fort Gordon, Georgia. This position will manage SRP/ITAM GIS data for the Army. This will include updating and editing the data as needed. This position will conduct fieldwork to ground truth data and support other SRP functions. This position may require working in inclement weather such as heat and humidity, or cold and rain. This position will also be responsible for ensuring the GIS data meets all data standards outlined by the Army.
Fort Gordon is a United States Army installation located in Richmond County, Georgia.
This is an in-person position. The successful candidate must reside in the installation vicinity; telecommuting is not available for this position.
Beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, Colorado State University has mandated vaccinations against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to submit their vaccine status or declare an exemption. More information about the vaccination mandate can be found on the CSU COVID-19 Information & Resources site here, https://covid.colostate.edu/pandemic-preparedness-team-broad-guidance-for-all-summer-and-fall-2021-activities/.
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ & https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/.
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer.
• BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field (e.g. geography, cartography, Geographic Information Science, environmental science, etc.).
• At least three years of work experience in a relevant field is required.
• Experience with Geographical Information System and Global Positioning System technologies, and with • Microsoft Excel and Access database management.
Working knowledge and experience with the military and related work experience with the Department of Army, particularly in the Sustainable Range component.
• Knowledge of SDSFIE and other federal GIS data standards.
• Ability to work in inclement weather such as heat and humidity, or cold and rain.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
• The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.