Alta Science & Engineering, Inc. is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for a GIS Analyst position to serve as point-person for coordinating GIS efforts, maintaining high-quality work products, and expanding GIS as a tool at Alta. In addition to supporting the company's GIS needs, the position also includes collaborating in the development/maintenance of customized project databases. The position will be based in one of our Spokane, Washington or Moscow, Kellogg, or Boise, Idaho offices. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated, innovative, and detail-oriented individual who can work well independently and on a team across multiple offices in the region. This position is full-time with full benefits.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Implementing and maintaining Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Geographical Positioning Systems (GPS) technology for natural resources, environmental, and engineering projects.
- Supporting and maintaining Alta’s GIS data library.
- Performing a wide range of GIS spatial analysis, cartography, data visualization, on-line
- Application development, and relational database creation and maintenance.
- Preparing maps, text, figures, and tables for professional reports, and clearly present project results to clients.
- Piloting drones (sUAS) to collect aerial imagery, LiDAR, and videography.
- BS or MS in Science, Engineering, or GIS-related field, or 4+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Strong proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS suite of products and applications (e.g.; ArcGIS Desktop, Spatial Analyst, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox) or similar open-source GIS platforms
- Experience with SQL Server and/or similar relational database software
- Experience with GIS Web Application development
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills
- Passion for applying GIS skills to support a variety of environmental, natural resources, and engineering projects
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed and have a valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- GIS or GISP Certificate
- Experience and interest in data visualization techniques using ArcGIS and other platforms
- Experience administering ArcGIS for Server and/or ArcGIS Online
- Proficiency with aerial imagery and/or LiDAR data processing
- Experience developing and/or maintaining large, relational databases outside of GIS
- Experience in developing and deploying electronic field forms
- 4+ years related GIS experience
- Experience with environmental, civil, and water resources projects
- Ability to pilot a sUAS and obtain FAA Part 107 License.
Submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to the applicable position opening via the careers page on our website: www.alta-se.com/careers/
Please go to Alta's careers website, then click on "View Current Job Openings" and apply to the specific position announcement from the list.