For more information about the Department of Game, Fish and Parks, please visit http://gfp.sd.gov/. This position will work with the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team in the development and maintenance of spatial databases and reports. The incumbent will assist with automating workflows and improving efficiency within the agency; and will coordinate with staff, lead data projects, and provide effective solutions to best fit the data system needs of the department. This position will require periodic local, statewide and regional travel to various Game, Fish and Parks Regional Offices including Pierre, Rapid City, or Sioux Falls.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Applicants with knowledge of wildlife and natural resources are preferred.
• Microsoft Access and Excel;
• database design and management;
• ESRI platform (e.g., ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Collector, Survey123, etc.);
• basic principles, terminology and operations associated with data processing and analysis.
• use SQL Server Report Builder;
• use programming language (e.g. Python).
• work independently with limited supervision;
• collect, organize and analyze information with special attention to detail;
• communicate clearly and effectively one-on-one or with large groups;
• run queries, create macros and summarize data into reports.