GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under executive direction, the purpose of the position is to coordinate and supervise GIS activities, managing spatial and tabular data through geographic information systems (GIS) technologies. Employees in this classification function at middle management, to oversee technical work responsible for updating and maintaining moderately complex database information using current technologies. The position supervises technical and customer service functions to provide GIS data and information to both internal and external customers. The position ensures all functions under charge are performed in compliance with all policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Develops, implements, and manages GIS technologies and operations in support of division goals and objectives; coordinates activities with other departments and agencies as needed
• Assists in the development of short and long term plans; assists in formulating County strategies to incorporate geographic information and web technology while improving overall performance and efficiency; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for various reports and makes recommendations; evaluates work procedures, schedules, and workflow.
• Researches develops, implements, and manages GIS systems and technologies; supports development and management of the County geographic data model with respect to content, standards, quality, geographic reference, integration, and appropriate documentation.
• Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates the work of technical and professional staff; communicates plans, policies, and procedures, to the staff in performing duties; oversees quality control, cost-effectiveness, and timely production efforts.
• Performs and supervises highly complex GIS technical functions.
• Performs a variety of critical record-keeping and administrative duties; manages and maintains department record-keeping and filing systems relevant materials appropriate to assigned unit.
• Attends and represents the department at various executive meetings for the dissemination of information; prepares departmental management meetings for dissemination of information.
• Assists with specialized projects to support the administrative processes of the division.
• Performs duties as assigned/necessary which are related, or logical in assignment to the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Systems, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, or a related field; supplemented by six (6) years progressively responsible experience in GIS project management, including analysis, database design, and programming; or ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in GIS project management, including analysis, database design, and programming. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Drivers License.