Environmental Assessment Services, LLC (EAS) is a nationally known, scientific environmental characterization company based in Eastern Washington since 2005. EAS is looking for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist to assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data. The GIS Specialist will work independently to generate professional-grade map products.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Build and maintain GIS applications including data maintenance, research, and mapping analysis.
• Manage and maintain Trimble GPS units including uploading, downloading, and post-processing data.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS/GPS analysis or closely related field and at least 4 years of directly related experience.
• Experience with ArcGIS software (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, etc) including compiling, converting, and analyzing data products.
• Must have demonstrated experience creating, maintaining, and updating geodatabases.
• Basic oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational skills.
• Proficient with MS Office products.
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Strong quantitative, qualitative, and analytical skills including proficiency in relational database, visualization solutions, and related software applications.
• Experience with Trimble GPS units and associated software (ArcPAD, Pathfinder, Terrasync, etc.)
• Experience researching background data options and data availability from publicly available data sources