GIS Technician (Entry-Level)
Copperhead Environmental Consulting, Inc. is a full-service environmental consulting firm established in 2004. Headquartered in the historic village of Paint Lick, Kentucky, we have satellite offices in Lexington, Kentucky; Nashville, Tennessee; Asheville, North Carolina; Fairmont, West Virginia, and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Copperhead serves a broad range of clients in need of environmental compliance, from state and federal government to private industry.
Our multidisciplinary team includes aquatic resource managers, wetland specialists, environmental planners, NEPA specialists, aquatic biologists, terrestrial biologists, avian biologists, malacologists, foresters, fixed-winged aircraft pilots, and SCUBA divers. To ensure our clients receive the highest quality services, we remain dedicated and focused in our areas of expertise. Our passion, our enthusiasm for the natural world, and our determination to provide the best environmental services prove it.
We are seeking a full-time GIS Technician to join our growing family of professional consultants. Duties include assisting with organizing, conceptualizing, and conducting spatial analyses and developing and supporting web GIS applications using the ArcGIS online platform.
• Assist in organizing, creating, and conducting ArcGIS Online (AGOL) data management.
• Assist in survey development and mobile field data collection workflow.
• Create maps, databases, and other deliverables.
• Geodatabase design and management.
• Assist in developing web GIS applications using ESRI Web App Builder, Collector, Survey123, and other ESRI applications.
• Assist in creating spatial analysis methods and models to meet project needs.
• Support with spatial equipment maintenance and field crew support.
• Assist with the creation of new and innovative GIS applications for potential implementation into company workflow.
• BA/BS in Geography, Geospatial Science, Geographic Information Systems, or relevant field
• 1+ years of practical GIS experience
• Proficient use of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Online (AGOL)
• Experience in map production, data formatting, and general desktop tools
• Experience with ArcGIS Online (AGOL) platform and associated products such as Web App Builder, Collector, and Survey123
• Experience with geodatabase design and management
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Adobe products and editing tools
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
• Basic knowledge about spatial data acquisition, conversion, and integration
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• AGOL Administrative experience (Organization, Permissions, Group structure, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of R Studio
• Knowledge of python, JSON, HTML, and other coding/scripting
• Experience in statistic and geospatial analysis