One (1) field technician is needed to assist in Golden Eagle research across western Utah. Duties will primarily include assisting in technical cliff nest access, handling nestlings, taking morphometric measurements, drawing blood, installing trail cameras while on rappel, and deploying PTT backpacks. This research focuses on Golden Eagle nestling exposure to contaminants, disease, and parasites.
Timeline: April 1 – June 30, 2021
Housing: Housing is provided in Salt Lake City, Utah when not working.
To Apply: Please provide in a single PDF document, a cover letter describing relevant experience, a CV, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references. Please email the application and any questions to Dustin Maloney at email@example.com. Closing date is 1/31/2021.
Previous Experience Strongly Preferred:
- Rock Climbing; Technical Rope Access; Rappelling
- Handling avian species, specifically raptors
- Driving 4-wheel drive trucks, navigating unimproved roads in remote locations
- Hiking 8+ miles a day with a 40-pound pack/5 days in a row over steep and rocky terrain
- Camping in remote locations
- Working very long days in sometimes adverse weather conditions