American Bird Conservancy
Grants & Finance Coordinator
Title: Grants & Finance Coordinator
Location: Temporarily remote; flexible; preference for The Plains, VA
Submission Deadline: November 20, 2020
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Bamboo HR at:
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy in The Plains, VA. The Grants and Finance Coordinator for American Bird Conservancy is responsible for an array of grant, contract, and financial functions, including: preparation of monthly financial reports, managing federal and private grants, ensuring compliance with federal and state grant regulations and reporting, preparing and maintaining schedules for the yearly audit, helping in the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow projections, and other duties as assigned.
This position requires a broad knowledge of all ABC programs and structure. Work requires initiative, flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail. The Grants and Finance Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Finance.
1. Manage a portion of ABC’s grants portfolio including preparing proposal budgets, generating grant agreements, corresponding with partner contacts and staff, and developing tracking systems.
2. Issue and manage sub-agreements with outside contractors, to include monitoring compliance, tracking deliverables and ensuring vendor payments are issued.
3. Work with the Vice President of Finance to prepare monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors and Management Committee.
4. Coordinate and/or generate grant reports (both narrative and financial) for submission to agencies and ensure compliance with federal and state grant regulations.
5. Prepare and maintain financial schedules for the yearly audit and tax return. Assist with the onsite audit process by providing requested samples, explaining processes or discrepancies, and answering general questions.
6. Assist the Vice President of Finance in the preparation of annual budgets.
7. Assist with monthly cash flow projections, to include generating monthly and quarterly grant invoices and securing funds from various government systems.
8. Assist in preparing monthly expense allocations to the various project areas. Monitor accounts in QuickBooks Online to ensure proper coding and allocation, and prepare adjusting journal entries when necessary.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field and at least five years of work experience in finance and grants management. A combination of education and related work experience is acceptable.
2. Experience in fund accounting and using accounting software is required, with QuickBooks Online experience preferred.
3. Proficiency with office computers and equipment. Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word; knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs is preferred.
4. Ability to work independently, efficiently, accurately, and within deadlines.
5. Ability to work with a wide range of people at all levels.
6. Good organizational and administrative skills.
7. Good communication skills, in person and in writing.