Description: Informational graphics and animations are crucial towards the success of environmental conservation efforts carried out by Archipelagos. Innovative visual material designed by the graphic and animation team focuses on a wide range of wildlife and conservation issues and is used in environmental awareness campaigns and educational material through a variety of media. The main fields of activity include:
• Designing posters, infographics, leaflets and booklets depicting the various environmental issues concerning the marine and terrestrial biodiversity of the eastern Aegean
• Designing animations and motion graphics depicting the local marine and terrestrial species as well as their respective threats
• Designing and participating in awareness and educational campaigns at local, Greek and European levels
A minimum duration of 3 months is highly recommended for all participants, although shorter placements can be tailored to the needs of groups and individuals. Placements can last as long as 12 months.
Archipelagos’ research bases and stations in the eastern Aegean Sea, on the islands of Samos, Lipsi, Ikaria, Leros, Arki, Marathi and Oinousses. Placements may also include working on board of one of our research boats.
Monthly fees of 650 euro include:
Living expenses (shared accommodation, all meals, wi-fi)
Use of equipment & research boats
Transport for working purposes
Greek language lessons
Students and recent graduates are advised to explore possible funding through their universities, by getting in touch with the Finance / International Relations / Placement/ Erasmus+ Offices at their Universities or other relevant grant providing organizations in their region.
*Travelling costs are NOT included and are covered by the participant.
Please submit CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• At least one year of college or university studies in the fields of art or science
• High proficiency in computer graphics and animation software
• Personal portfolio featuring creative and engaging graphic and animation designs
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• High standard of work
• Fluency in English
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a dynamic, multi-cultural team
• Sincere desire to work towards Archipelagos’ conservation efforts
• Motivation to live in a small island community