Common Ground Ecology (CGE) is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time position to develop grazing and rangeland management plans and evaluate associated conservation practices. The goal of these activities is to improve water quality within central and south Florida’s ranchlands by implementing best management practices for cattle and land management on ranches within the project area that are participating in USDA NRCS cost-share programs.
His/her work will center on the following primary tasks, completed in formats suitable for processing by NRCS staff:
1. Collect data and develop grazing plans
2. Complete implementation requirement (IR) sheets
3. Perform conservation practice certifications / checkouts
This certified grazing specialist (e.g. prescribed grazing planner, grazing lands manager, animal (Bovine) forage specialist, range manager, etc.) will be hired by CGE and assigned as the point of contact with NRCS field offices to develop and evaluate plans for program participants.
Certification (at least one or education/experience to possibly obtain one):
• Society for Range Management (SRM): Certified Range Management Consultant;
• American Forage and Grassland Council (AFGC): Certified Grassland Professional;
• American Society of Agronomy (ASA): Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or Certified Professional Agronomist (CPAg); or
• National Alliance of Independent Crop Consultants (NAICC): Certified Professional Crop Consultant (CPCC).
Education - Bachelor's or higher degree in Range Science or Management, Agronomy, Soil Science, or Plant Science.
Experience - Demonstrate at least 2 years' experience in planning, design, installation/layout, inspection, checkout and certification of Grazing and/or rangeland planning practices.
How to Respond:
Please email your resume/CV and a cover letter/interest statement (in email body is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.
Please respond by July 15, 2022. Candidates will be considered and interviewed as they submit their responses, so those seriously interested should submit as soon as possible before the July 15 deadline. The date of hire will be contingent on the timing of the qualified candidate's response and thus is negotiable. We anticipate selecting a candidate this Summer or Fall (2022).