Under general direction from Superintendent, Asst Superintendent and Section Leader, the Greenkeeper safely utilizes a variety of tools, machinery and equipment to perform maintenance duties around the golf course and grounds. Responsibilities also include cleaning equipment after each use and performing minor repairs and/or routine maintenance on the equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Safely operate equipment and accessories as trained and assigned including, but not limited to, greens mowers, rotary mowers, flymos, gang mowers, tri-plex mowers, vertical mowers, line trimmers, edgers, utility vehicles, back-pack blowers, portable pumps, aerifiers, spikers, mechanical top dressers, sod cutters, mechanical bunker rakes, tractors, sweepers, blades, loaders, backhoes, trenchers, chain saws, and miscellaneous hand tools.
· Properly care for assigned equipment by inspecting machinery before and after each use, cleaning machinery after each use, making necessary minor adjustments to equipment and reporting machinery/equipment problems to the mechanic.
· Maintain maintenance and fluid use logs (gas and oil) on assigned equipment.
· Perform daily maintenance tasks on the golf course and grounds as well as the maintenance facility and clubhouse as assigned and directed. Duties may include, but not limited to, loading and unloading materials, trimming trees, removing cuttings, laying sod, hand raking bunkers, drainage installation and repair, and repairing ball marks and filling divots.
· Perform golf course service and set up work as directed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school required or preferred.
· 1 year experience with equipment and/or in golf course maintenance or landscaping preferred.
· Valid driver’s license. Driving record meeting Company safety policies and guidelines.
· Demonstrated ability to operate golf course equipment.
· Demonstrated quality verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
· Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Candidates interested in applying for this position must meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Complete job description available upon request.
Bandon Dunes is an Equal Opportunity Employer