Overview: This position will provide a unique opportunity to join an effective team working with innovative approaches and partnerships to benefit the wildlife resources in Nebraska. This position is full-time, with benefits in a home office environment. With demonstrated skills and results, the position will have the opportunity to take on a wide array of responsibilities and duties.
• Develop and administer databases to track public hunting access programs including Open Fields and Waters and the Berggren Pheasant Plan.
• Administer public hunting access program payments and work with partners to ensure efficient delivery of the state program.
• Develop and administer databases to track Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever chapter activities, Youth Mentor Hunt participation and fundraising results.
• Work with state program staff and landowners to order grass and wildflower seed mixtures developed to meet state and federal standards.
• Assist Habitat Partnerships Specialist and State Coordinator with administrative duties including tracking Pheasants Forever field staff activities, compiling work reports, and assisting with credit card monthly reports.
• Assist in development of educational and promotional materials, social media and website updates including article writing for a monthly newsletter.
• Update staff and chapter officer contact lists and other information related to Nebraska’s Regional Representatives and 64 PF & QF Chapters.
• Develop and maintain relationships with program partners and state agencies.
• Assist in the logistical planning of conferences, staff meetings, and other events.
Required skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and organized.
• Demonstrated ability to produce accurate reports and summaries.
• Familiarity with Microsoft software packages including Word and Excel. Ability to create and manage databases.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team approach to accomplish desired goals and outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to perform social media, journalism, and website tasks
• Demonstrated ability to provide high quality customer service experience to both general public, chapter volunteers, partners, and employees.
Additional skills include:
• Ability to work out of a home office. Computer, printer, scanner, monitors, and general office equipment required for the position is supplied.
• Typing skills of 45 wpm or more.
• Assist staff in planning state meetings, habitat and burn workshops and other meetings of importance to chapters and resource professionals.
• Maintain accurate financial reports for partnership programs and prepare financial deposits.
Education and Experience Preferred: Applicant should be detail oriented, innovative, creative and a resourceful self-starter that is able to work with minimal supervision. Must be team oriented, with good oral and written communication skills. Minimum of Associate Degree in business, journalism, natural resources or related major. Social media, journalism, customer service, and volunteer experience preferred.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience. Includes full benefits package and performance-based annual raises.
To Apply: Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a single Microsoft Word document or PDF file before uploading to your application on the Recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
Contact: Ashley Nelson, Habitat Partnership Specialist, email@example.com or
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.