We are seeking an individual with the talent, passion and desire to help promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 745 chapters, 140,000 members across the nation.
• Work with Habitat Restoration Manager, PF grants staff, and agency partners to develop, conduct, and manage restoration & enhancement projects that advance strategic goals.
• Work with Habitat Restoration Manager and partner organizations to identify and prioritize restoration or enhancement project opportunities.
• Coordinate day-to-day operations related to grant and contract-funded restoration projects, such as planning, design, permitting, installation and monitoring of contractors working on projects.
• Assist the Habitat Restoration Manager and PF Grant staff in tracking budgets, preparing timely deliverables, and arranging staff and partner support for grant and contract-funded habitat restoration and enhancement projects.
• Work with the Habitat Restoration Manager and PF Grant staff to write annual and final grant reports and prepare grant proposals for restoration and habitat projects.
• Provide timely updates and reporting on regional restoration progress.
• Support other stateside staff and programs in activities as requested and as schedules permit.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an environmental field such as ecology, environmental restoration or natural resource management or
• Bachelor’s with 2+ years’ experience is preferred working in a related field such as restoration ecology or natural resource management, and a demonstrated understanding of the scientific method.
• Broad understanding of wildlife ecology, wetland and grassland management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
• Computer, data analysis, and information management skills including the use of the MS Office suite.
• Experience and comfortable using ArcGIS.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills.
• Project management experience, including budget tracking and reporting, coordination of effective work teams, meetings, contractor oversight and partner engagement.
• Strong organizational and coordination skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
• Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided).
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications.
To Apply: Visit our website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs . Please contact Eran Sandquist, Minnesota State Coordinator for Pheasants Forever, with any questions: (320) 236-7755, email@example.com.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever, Inc. & Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled