We are looking for a Program Manager who can handle complicated day-to-day logistics while keeping an eye on the big picture. You must be able to maintain focus, even when being interrupted by a myriad of distractions, and reprioritize tasks at a moment’s notice. You need to be someone who can handle the “heat in the kitchen” and still maintain a calm demeanor with clients and employees. You must be a critical thinker, dedicated to getting your work completed, have excellent communication skills and be able to grasp basic budget concepts. You should be someone who gains satisfaction from working with people on a daily basis, and be fun to work with. If this sounds like you, and this opportunity fits with your professional goals, we may have a job for you. The following description is about the program we are recruiting for:
The PM will be Saltwater’s principal liaison with PIROP/NMFS and will be responsible for:
• All aspects of overall performance on the contract
• Managing Observer Coordinators and Observers
• Communicating with NMFS staff
• Ensuring coverage goals are met
• Fisheries logistics, including projecting fishing activity, monitoring and adjusting observer coverage, documenting fishing vessel activity and managing call logs.
• Acting as primary contact in case of emergency
• Liaising with the fishing fleet daily
• Ensuring data quality
• Scheduling trainings, briefings and debriefings
• Experience in the scientific environment with emphasis on commercial fisheries management and observer deployments. Must be demonstrated work experience.
• Personnel management. Must be demonstrated work experience.
• A Bachelor’s of Science degree or higher in fisheries, Natural Science, Biology, etc
• Worked as an Observer/field biologist
To apply please send your resume and a cover letter to Kathy.email@example.com. In your cover letter please include your relevant skills and experience and why you think you would be great at this job.
We will honor all requests for application confidentiality.