• Provide oversight and administration of health care needs for campers and staff.
• Maintain necessary medical supplies, as well as first aid kits for each cabin and program area.
• Provide proper care for ill and injured campers/staff, as well as any special medical accommodations
• Review all campers’ health forms and create weekly Cabin Medical lists for counselors
• Receive all campers’ medications at check-in and inquire about medical history/allergies
• Dispense camper medications at appropriate times and keep a detailed log
• Complete appropriate incident reports and follow up
• On-call 24 hours for any camper/staff medical needs –stay on site while camp is in session.
• Help role model and foster a culture of safety at Camp Woodie and continue to evaluate the safety of all camp programs and activities, make recommendations to leadership.
How to Apply:
Apply online Please complete an on line job application Apply Directly on our website https://wildlifeedcenter.org/camp-woodie/ select the 'Register / Log In Here' button and select create an account. Once you create your account choose make a reservation and select Staff Application
or send a job application to email@example.com or contact:
Steve Maynard Camp Director - Camp Woodie
• Must be 19 years old with high school diploma or equivalent, as well as EMT, LPN, or RN certification, including current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Able to observe camper behaviors and assess its appropriateness and apply appropriate management techniques, as well as enforce appropriate safety and emergency procedures to the situation
• Must be able to assist campers in the event of an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)