Herpetological Associates, Inc., Environmental and Research Consultants, 405 Magnolia Road, Pemberton, New Jersey 08068, is seeking a person with a passion for herpetology and field work. The selected candidate will be responsible for radio-tracking eastern kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula), red cornsnakes (Pantherophis guttatus) and northern pinesnakes (Pituophis melanoleucus), among other rare species in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. They must be able to keep accurate field notes and collect associated habitat data.
- Starting hourly pay is between $15.00 and $18.00 per hour working a minimum of 40-hours a week, depending on prior experience.
- Overtime work is available at the same hourly rate.
- Job start date is flexible, though likely around early-March 2021
- Field vehicle will be provided, or use your own vehicle, and mileage is reimbursed
- Field housing not provided, so candidates that are proximal or able to secure housing in Burlington or Ocean Counties are preferred.
If interested, reach out to Bob Zappalorti with your resume/CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and prior experience. Email: RZappalort@aol.com
- Experience working with herpetofauna
- Experience tracking snakes using radio-telemetry
- Comfortable working in habitats that include venomous snakes
- Comfortable working in hot and humid weather as well as working in the forest that has ticks, chiggers and other buggy conditions
- Willing to learn to identify regional flora and collect data.
- The selected candidate must have experience entering data into Excel and has writing skills