Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Hunter Education Admin Assistant-Colorado
Colorado Parks & Wildlife
Last Date to Apply
Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW), a division of Colorado's Department of Natural Resources, is seeking a full-time temporary employee (9 month maximum) to work in our Hunter Education office. This is an administrative office job but does grant the right candidate opportunities to get out in the field and learn more about CPW's conservation techniques and efforts.
POSITION: Hunter Education Admin Assistant
START & END DATE: Approximately – March 4, 2019 – November 30, 2019
PAY RATE: $15.00 an hour, 40 hours per week, Mon – Fri, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
LOCATION: Hunter Education Office, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216
WORK UNIT: Hunter Education consists of the Hunter Education Coordinator and 2 program Assistants.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 25, 2019 at 12:00 noon or until 50 applications are received, whichever occurs first.
• Provide high-quality customer service over the phone and in written communications.
• Support Hunter Education instructors (almost 400 volunteers and over 200 staff).
• Maintain accurate records for Hunter Education students, volunteers and program.
• Maintain and update Hunter Ed Instructor WebPage.
• Assist employees and customers with Hunter Ed questions.
• Slight amount of warehouse work and sending supplies to offices.
• Miscellaneous projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps programs.
• Proficiency with on-line services such as SurveyMonkey, etc.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Strong communication and customer service skills; written, in-person and on the phone.
• Self-directed and motivated to be pro-active in spending time effectively.
• Ability to maintain a Google WebPage.
• Able to lift at least 40 pounds.
• Hunting/angling interest or experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume, references and cover letter including the following:
• Your knowledge of Hunter Education.
• How you feel you meet the minimum requirements.
• Why you feel you are the best fit for this position.
SEND THE ABOVE TO:
Andre Egli; Andre.Egli@state.co.us