Proposed Start Date: March 25, 2019
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
Company Overview: Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 149,000 members and 700 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Chapters are empowered to determine how 100 percent of their locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent $867 million on 540,000 habitat projects benefiting 18+ million acres nationwide.
• Recruit, retain & reactivate (R3) hunting conservationists through strategic and outcome-based national R3 initiatives.
• Develop and coordinate a National Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever Hunter R3 Action Plan.
• Develop, administer and evaluate PF/QF learn-to-hunt events and hunter R3 strategies.
• Develop and provide training modules and events for volunteers, PFQF staff and partners.
• Serve as the PFQF hunter R3 expert, representative and liaison within the R3 community and with conservation partners.
• Evaluate and adapt an existing PFQF National Hunter Mentor Training curriculum available to volunteers and members of other key conservation partners.
• In cooperation with partnering conservation organizations, develop targeted R3 campaigns that are driven by outcomes.
• Develop and implement a national evaluation/participant tracking mechanism that will allow for adaptive strategies that improve R3 efforts.
• Cultivate and steward partnerships and support for PFQF Hunting Heritage priorities.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in education, fish or wildlife management, biology, conservation, natural resources management or similar related field.
• Experience administering and coordinating outdoor education programs and partnerships.
• Experience working with, leading and coordinating volunteers.
• Knowledge of the “National Hunting & Shooting Sports Action Plan” and the associated strategies for recruiting, retaining and reactivating hunters and shooting sports enthusiasts.
• Excellent communication, organizational, leadership and consensus building skills.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as ability to work within the framework of a team of professionals.
• Successful experience writing grants, building partnerships and philanthropic financial support for programs and positions.
• Extensive overnight travel of 40-50 nights per year is expected.
To Apply: Visit our website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references as 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website. If you have questions, please contact Rich Wissink, VP Education and Outreach, (715) 431-0814, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pheasants Forever Inc. and Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.