Graduate Student – Masters of Natural Resources
Scholarship funding available. Positions start in August 2021.
A University of Idaho – Environmental Education and Science Communication (EESC) graduate student earns a Masters of Natural Resources while developing an array of professional skills and expertise. Applied coursework and targeted study in science communication, leadership, place-based education, and ecology give our residents what they need to impact the workforce and the world.
EESC graduate students can expect to:
• Experience learning in new ways by taking experiential coursework in ecology, science communication, place-based education, and leadership.
• Gain outreach and instructional skills as a part of a mentored teaching practicum through our award-winning McCall Outdoor Science School. This includes working with a diverse group of students in a variety of programs.
• Build interdisciplinary thinking skills to address complex socio-ecological issues.
• Enjoy a 1:6 faculty to graduate student ratio that ensures a student-centered approach to learning.
• Immerse themselves in a supportive, community-based, learning experience that prepares students for a wide range of professions. Visit our alumni webpage to see examples of the many career paths of our graduates.
• Participate in a once in a lifetime trip into the Taylor Wilderness Research Station located in the heart of the Frank Church/River of No Return Wilderness.
No GRE required for this program
Statement of career objectives entitled "The McCall Outdoor Science School" that addresses the following in 1-2 pages:
How does the MOSS program support your personal, academic, and professional goals?
How has your personal, academic, and professional experience prepared you for the MOSS program?
Describe your community living experience and philosophy.
Three letters of recommendation will be required to complete your application packet. On the online application, you will be prompted to enter names and contact information for three references. These three people will be sent requests for a letter of recommendation from the University and will send those back directly.
Official Transcripts/ academic credentials. These must be the official version from your University or College. You can upload into the application or mail them to;