Instructor of Wildlife and Outdoor Enterprise Management (WOEM), Full-time (12-month), Non-tenure track (50% teaching and advising, 50% extension). Extension responsibilities will be in Wildlife or Fisheries Management.
Teach undergraduate courses in WOEM which may include: Introduction to WOEM, Senior Seminar, Fauna and Flora of the Great Plains, Rifle and Handgun Range Design, and other courses as needed.
- Contribute to student recruitment, advising, and professional development of WOEM undergraduate students.
- Advise the WOEM Club
- Organize and execute the annual program assessment for WOEM
Develop educational materials and conduct outreach and training efforts that focus broadly on fisheries management (for small impoundments and aquaculture) or urban wildlife management (wildlife damage management to lawns, landscaping, and gardens).
Duties will include: updating existing educational materials such as publications, fact sheets, and write papers; developing new content such as fact sheets, news releases, video resources, and social media posts; responding to information requests from Agents and stakeholders and developing content to meet their needs; providing training to support the Extension Master Gardner program (if wildlife damage management is the area of expertise).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The ideal start date is early to mid-January.
- Earned an MS degree by the time of employment in a field related to wildlife or fisheries management
- Experience with teaching undergraduate students wildlife and/or fisheries management
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a contributing team member
- Experience with firearms and appreciation of hunting and fishing activities
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and assessment of undergraduate students in fisheries and/or wildlife management
- Demonstrated excellence in creating educational materials for public outreach including video production and editing
- Experience developing educational materials and social media content