Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Intern: (Summer and Fall) Ranch Wildlife & Fisheries Management and Hunting Operations Assistant-Texas
Internships, Temporary/Seasonal Positions
$1600/mo + room and board
Last Date to Apply
1) Hunting/guiding for WT deer, mule deer, dove, duck, quail, and Rio Grande Turkey
2) Assist training quail dogs
3) Assist trapping and banding morning dove and white winged dove
4) Conducting surveys (aerial deer, spotlight, game camera, quail roadside counts, electro-shocking fish surveys, etc.)
5) Assist hunting data collection and reporting including game prep., aging, scoring, preparing reports, etc.
6) Planting food plots
7) Feeding: filling protein and corn feeders, fish feeders, and feeding for upland game birds.
8) Habitat management such as assisting in prescribed burning and reseeding pastures, brush management, and herbicide treatment for Prickly Pear.
9) Equipment operation and maintenance assistance as related to the above
10) Fisheries management
11) Help with working cows and grazing management
Must be reliable and capable of outside work in various weather conditions. Must be able to effectively communicate, work and interact with owners, clients, and others engaged in ranching activities. Previous experience with training animals and working with equipment desirable.
Position will be: May 28, 2019 - December 15, 2019
Please submit resume, contact information and cover letter to: WILDLIFE INTERN at firstname.lastname@example.org