The APEC Climate Center (APCC) based in Busan, South Korea is a unique organization that catalyses climate information-based solutions through three interconnected pillars of work: climate prediction and information services; climate information application and climate change response; and capacity building. APCC provides value-added, reliable, and timely climate prediction, while serving as a key climate information center to distribute climate data, prediction and related tools, in order to bridge technology gaps globally. International development project focus on increasing environmental resilience to climate change, disaster risk management, agriculture and fisheries, and capacity building.
By blending cutting-edge research in both climate data production and application fields such as agriculture, water, and disaster management, APCC is able to lead in developing and transferring interdisciplinary application techniques to serve social needs and respond to climate change in specific countries and regions. At the request of governments across the Asia-Pacific region, APCC has implemented a host of collaborative projects in diverse fields, working together to bring climate technology solutions to vulnerable areas. For the management of these projects, as well as the execution of our capacity building programs and events, we are looking to hire a motivated and talented International Project Manager.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Head of External Affairs Department, you will act as a Project Manager for climate and environment-related international projects (70%), implement various External Affairs Department responsibilities including training programs and other events (15%), provide miscellaneous English language support (10%), and perform other tasks (5%).
• Manage and implement all aspects of assigned international projects as necessary: (1) draft and finalize MOU’s, project proposals, concept notes, reports, etc. as necessary, (2) oversee budget usage and project timeline, (3) plan and execute relevant project-based meetings and events, (4) maintain positive communication with project counterparts, (5) manage the internal APCC project team’s workflow, and (6) work to ensure the highest level of success of the projects;
• Support the development of research or project proposals;
• Actively seek out funding opportunities for international projects;
• Communicate with counterparts in APEC member economies, international organizations, and government agencies and manage these networks;
• Develop and/or edit research reports, articles, and other documents written in English;
• Other tasks as required.
Flexible Start Date
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor degree in climate change, atmospheric science, environmental science or policy, international development, or other relevant field;
• Native English proficiency with excellent communication and writing skills;
• Strong capacity to independently implement, manage, and evaluate projects related to climate;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills with the ability to manage and interact at all levels within the organization;
• Networking, coordination, stakeholder engagement, and facilitation skills;
• Independent, optimistic, flexible, and detail-oriented;
• Willingness to travel internationally to developing countries in order to implement various project activities.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Graduate degree in above mentioned fields;
• Ability to speak basic Korean a large advantage;
• Experience with training programs, event management, financial management, and reporting;
• Practical experience in managing projects and engaging stakeholders, preferably in a climate-related field;
• Background knowledge on current global sustainable development and climate change;
• Experience working with Government officials, local communities, and/or donors, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
Submit the application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2017 (midnight KST):
· APCC Application form (Attachment) with Education (Attachment)
· Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the position and interest in working with APCC (1-2 pages)
· Current Curriculum Vitae
· Plan for your duty in APCC (1-2 pages)
· Agreement to collect and use personal information (Attachment)