Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Invasive Species Program Data Manager – Colorado
Colorado Parks & Wildlife
$13.00 -$15.00 / hour (depending on experience)
Last Date to Apply
Primary responsibility is to support the State Invasive Species Program through GIS Mapping, database management, data analysis, and quality control of data. The job entails developing and maintaining existing maps, map services, and geodatabases. Position also proofs and corrects data that is collected by field sampling crews, boat inspection stations, and program office staff and reports out on data quality on a routine basis. Position is also responsible for providing recommendations for enhancing current systems, maintaining accurate, current, and functional databases for the Invasive Species Program office.
Hours will be from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. There will be a small amount of weekend work scheduled in advance.
Candidates must have working knowledge and experience with the following applications:
1. ESRI ArcGIS
2. ArcGIS Online
3. Arc Collector
4. Microsoft Access
5. G Suite Applications including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Etc.
6. SQL Server
7. Web Based & Mobile Database Applications
1. B.S. in natural resources/botany/fisheries/wildlife or other natural resource field
2. GIS Certificate
3. Professional experience using GIS in the workplace
4. Previous experience performing database management and application maintenance.
5. Experience with Microsoft Office applications required including Microsoft Access
6. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are required.
7. At least 6 months experience performing data entry, with fast and accurate typing ability.
8. Good driving record is mandatory.