Primary responsibility is to support the State Invasive Species Program
through maintenance of decontamination units (pressure washers), boats and trailers.
Candidates should have a strong mechanical background.
The employee will also conduct inspections and decontaminations of watercraft at the Denver CPW Office (state certification training provided). Work will be completed independently to inspect and decontaminate boats voluntarily coming to the office site, with respect to invasive species such as zebra/quagga mussels.
Position will provide public outreach on the aquatic invasive species topic by providing
printed material to those visiting the office. Duties include collection, preservation and
proper documentation of possible ANS specimen brought into the office by customers.
Position will also be responsible for regular maintenance and proper use of the
decontamination unit, boats and trailers.
Other duties include administrative work such as filing, maintaining inventory, managing the supply warehouse, preparing materials for field trainings, loading and unloading vehicles, reviewing and editing technical reports and participating in the development of maps, training materials, educational materials and protocol manuals.
Hours will be from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. A small amount of weekend
work will be required.
1. Must have mechanical background with preference for experience maintaining power
2. Previous experience working in or managing a warehouse preferred.
3. Previous experience performing administrative duties outlined above.
4. Experience with Microsoft Word applications and google required.
5. Experience trailering a boat or power washer/decontamination units.
6. Experience working on repairing and maintaining boats and trailers preferred.
7. At least 6 months experience performing data entry, with fast and accurate typing
8. Good driving record is mandatory.
9. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to multi-task
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Biological Sciences or comparable work
HOW TO APPLY: Send a resume, cover letter and three references electronically in Word
or Adobe PDF to:
Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Invasive Species Program